Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 2 year old horsfield and he/she is slighty pyrimiding are they meant to be a bit bumpy or totally smooth
i have done all the resurch possible it has its uv turned on at 7 in the morning and of at 7 at night it has weed diet with calcium 4 times a week and other supliment ( cant remember the name begins with r reputive i think )
it has a water bowl so it can drink when it wants also it goes out on sunny days
i cant see what im doing rong
oo i forgot it has a tort table
i read somewhere ure supposed to spray the table with water but i also read that they dont like humid encloseures ???? any help would be great

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Is this the one you are selling on the classified section?
Could you please post some pictures?: victory:

·
Banned
483 Posts
hi i have a 2 year old horsfield and he/she is slighty pyrimiding are they meant to be a bit bumpy or totally smooth
i have done all the resurch possible it has its uv turned on at 7 in the morning and of at 7 at night it has weed diet with calcium 4 times a week and other supliment ( cant remember the name begins with r reputive i think )
it has a water bowl so it can drink when it wants also it goes out on sunny days
i cant see what im doing rong
oo i forgot it has a tort table
i read somewhere ure supposed to spray the table with water but i also read that they dont like humid encloseures ???? any help would be great
They are meant to be completely smooth and rather flattened compared with Med torts, never domed (this is the sign of an overfed tort). They do grow best if kept outdoors and it is still possible to overfeed even if given the correct diet. They absolutely adore humid enclosures to sleep in just not to be kept humid at all times. They need to choose for themselves in the daytime. Think of night time at ground level, it is naturally quite damp, even in hot countries. Spraying does not help as the water will evaporate in indoor conditions due to the low humidity of houses. Watering the substrate is the way to go.

·
Registered
23,314 Posts
I'd agree with what Subo has said. As a guideline if the tortoise is young feed enough daily to cover the shell - hopefully any pyramiding wont get any worse.

Maybe if you could post a few pics up. : victory:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts