Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys..... :D :D :D :D :D

I have 2 Bearded Dragons...who are in keen Health.....but i want to embark on a further adventure and have tortoises aswell..... :) :)

Any advice...i read on the net that they are high in salmonella.....but am very keen on having one!!!!

Are they difficult to keep...i have investigated a little bit but wont consider having one until i am absolutley positive i no i can do rite for them!!!!! :) :) :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi! From what I understand most reptiles/chelonia seem to have a salmonella risk so, as with all animals, just keep a good handwashing routine when handling. There's a place in Redditch that has given me some great advice when it has come to caring for my turtles (I got their details from several vets when an emergency cropped up last Easter and everywhere was shut!) and I know they stock tortoises too so they may be able to give you some advice. They're called Aquafinatics and are quite easy to get to (don't think they'd be that difficult to find from where you are). Their website is www.aquafinatics.co.uk and their contact details are on there.
Good luck with your research anyhows... let us know how you get on! :D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea thanx for that :) :) :) !!!!

i was thinking about getting a Hermans.......still looking into it at the moment.....want to have a good look around...see where the place to get one is...without adding to the import system :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ....ill check that website out!!! :lol:

cheers

·
Registered
520 Posts
p.m wizzasmum (Sue) she should be able to help you out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts