Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am coming down in 2 weeks to visit; really looking forward to it :2thumb: What do you have in the way of older female hermanns at the moment?
Thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
Vivariums? Pellets? What next? .....................Vets...or

potential death. Why are you selling vivariums for tortoises? They are notoriously bad for tortoises, horsfields and leopards are especially prone to RNS (runny nose syndrome). And the pellets aren't very good either.

Marcus

·
Registered
40 Posts
I will comment on this pet shop once I have seen it and not before. There are some good pet shops; some bad. I know pet shop owners who have their own excellent breeding stock and their hatchlings, and aftercare, are of a very high quality. I appreciate we do not know what this pet shop actually tells its customers but remember vivs can actually be better suited to some hatchling tropicals - reds etc - which this shop sells. There is also an open topped tortoise-like table available. Also pellets should certainly not be ruled out if used sensibly. Lots of us are supplementing our torts that are being overwintered with pellets which offer a far more balanced diet than just shop bought salad etc. I'm certainly not saying all pets shops are the beez neez; far from it but maybe take the time to visit this one before apparently condeming it. I know several people who have bought torts from this shop and all are actually very good specimens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts