Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. im after getting a baby tortoise sometime within the next 12 months. i wud really like a leopard, but dont think i have enough room. wot is the perfect beginers tortoise? wot size viv wud i need? i have an idea, but i need :help:

·
Registered
632 Posts
don't go for a viv!! a table top is a favorite!!
i guess just do some research and see what type u could best accomodate! good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
table top

i've done some research, and i can't find wot a table top is anywhere!! why does finding good info have to be soooo hard??!!

what's a table top?

!!HELP ME!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
a table top is just a box with four sides that arent see through and has no top,for example an old book case with the shelves taken out.
Aleopard tortoise is definatly not a begginers tortoise. look into the care of Hermanns, Horsefields, spur thigh tortoises. Where are you planning on getting your tortoise from?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks. for your help.

i dont really know where im getting it from, probably the breeders meeting next year

how do you sort out heating and lighting in a table top????n :roll2:

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
Hi repti 14
Just a word of caution re - leopards. Last Sunday during the gales here, the entire front blew off my leopard tortoises purpose built heated enclosure. Luckily I was able to retrieve them in the dark and bring them indoors. I am lucky enought to be able to set them up temporarily in my conservatory until the problems can be fixed. However this past week has not been a time to have visitors round as they have created as much poo as a small pony, banged and crashed around, moving stuff you would not believe they could shift and generally been a big smell and mess factory, and they are only half grown if that so far :( Kerry is right, they are not a beginners tort and should not be taken on unless you can afford to heat an outdoor enclosure to 30 degrees all winter and have an entire lawn for them to graze on during good weather. Roll on the new lepard enclsoure when I can have friends round again LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers

thanks for all your help. leopards sound like a pain in the butt!!! i'll check out those sites.

THANK YOU ALL!!! :2thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts