Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI i have a number of reptiles and have decided that the time has come to get a tortoise and i was wondering could fill me in on what i need to know about them. and another thing iscan i get them from any of you guys? please e-mail me

wattsy

p.s why are they so god dammned expensive

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
dont know much about them, but they are so god damn expensive,so that people dont walk into a pet shop and say aint that a cute little tort,and buy it on a whim.I think.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i dont care what people think,im more concerned for the animals wellfare,i gave links to helpful websites which wattsyboi will find useful

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
Couldn't agree more Kerry and I am not a bossy schoolteacher either <grin>
Pet shops are quite happy to sell them to anyone who wants them with no concern as to their future welfare. If they gave out proper care instructions then they would make little profit as they would not sell a viv, heat mat etc.
When I sell my babies I insist people have the correct open set-up ready before the babies go there and give care sheets and after sales service for as long as they need it - all for £100. I also offer to buy the babies back if people decide they cannot keep them for whatever reason - not many do that. I hear there is a pet shop in the north of England actually stating that the torts they sell are different to the ones people used to have in their gardens as they only live to around 7 years!! Of course they do as they are kept in pet shop accomodation :cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts