Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was supposed to be doing the reptile display tomorrow and the fecking timing belt has gone on the car. Am F*cking furious. Everything seems to go wrong for us. Not only do we miss out but the car is going to cost a small fortune as the job can't be done here despite hubby knowing a little about cars. :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
my solution: 1) get a haynes manual (can be bought from halfords) 2) get a timing belt (about £10-£20) and fix it, timing belts are quite easy to come buy for most new cars. what car do you have?

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
what year?

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
yeah a timing light would be needed, funny thing is i have one kicking around that no one ever uses. to bad.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
so its pretty new, well, by my standards. about 98/99?. your local car parts shop should have one.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im sure they will but how the hell do we allign it up without the right equip lol.....hubby is working on it now as i type.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
well you can do it without any equipment, there should be some marks where you line it up on.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope a mate just rang he said its almost impossible and he is 99% sure the valves twatted the engine. So we are looking at 3hrs so do belt and timing and only then we will find out if engine is fooked.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
oh well, sorry not have been any help.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i've decided renaults are poo lol, mine collapsed a couple of days ago and we have one at work that is always in the garage.

·
Registered
606 Posts
bent valves, thats a bastard.

lesson 1, buy a new car, change the timing belt.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Damn, I hate when I car lets one down :roll:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts