Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Nop
i keep my records hand writen for each snake , feeding , sheding , brumation , and so on.

about 2 years back i had a go with keeping computer records but had a pc crash which wiped all my date, i was lucky that i also carried on with the hand writen records .

dont trust a pc to your records. you could lose the lot.

Paul.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Sure but if you forget and something goes wrong and you loose your dater or the disk you backed up to gets one of those little scratches that make it unreadable.

not only that but writing it down on a record sheet is much easier if you have loads of snakes such as i do, also you can keep a record sheet with each snake write it down and its done.

Everyone to their own though, ay.

Paul.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day, atm i dont really keep records, as i have so few snakes and is easy to remember last feeds etc, but was thinking about making a record sheet in word to print out and hand write feeds etc onto it.

Does anyone have one made using a word or microsoft program to save me the bother? lol

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Shane2 said:
I was thinking about this the other day, atm i dont really keep records, as i have so few snakes and is easy to remember last feeds etc, but was thinking about making a record sheet in word to print out and hand write feeds etc onto it.

Does anyone have one made using a word or microsoft program to save me the bother? lol
I have one made up, as i use it for my snakes now. Email me at [email protected] and i will send you it :D

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I tried using one of the computer based tracker things, but I found it didnt do what I wanted it to. Everything was kept apart, and I always forgot to do it as it meant turning the computer on, loading up the program, and then typing it in. Even when I was on the computer Id forget :lol:

Now I keep everything hand written. I have a piece of paper with a table on stuck to all my tubs and vivs, which I update after every feed, shed etc, and also a neat copy with a picture and species details etc in a folder, which I update when I remember :lol: :lol: The ones that are on tubs are for my records, and the folder ones are for more detailed records, and for if I ever sell any of my animals. This will happen with all my hatchling when I have them too.

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thnx AnthonyY, email sent :)

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
I'd rather keep records on paper, and thats gotta mean something. I use computers about 90% of my life Lol. Hell i'm even in university doing computer science.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I did a sheet in excel and printed it off. Just listed a few columns, like :Fed, Shed, Changed Substrate, Handled, Temps and Humidity etc and then a note column at the end. That way I can take with me if the unfortunate event of a vet visit or something.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i've made my mind up - i tried to find some freeware trackers, but all the links were down, so its pen and paper!

I've put together some sheets so I'll put them up on my webbie downloads page in the next couple of days so anyone who wants can download them and print em off as needed :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts