Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I need help, I am transporting my crestie from cornwall to sheffield over the summer. He is coming back with me, viv and all. First time moving him since I got him.
I have a 6 maybe 7 hour drive ahead of me and don't know what is best to transport him in, his viv with hides etc or in a small polybox in the dark?
I should be driving during the daytime too.

Thanks in advance.

P.s I put him in a polybox when I'm doing the big clean, presuming he isn't fond of it as last time Rhaegal turned into the little dragon who could and latched onto my hand when I opened the lid, lil bugger.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
The furthest ive had to transport an animal and its viv was around a 3 hr drive, I just made sure nithing in the viv could move too much to hurt it and left it in the viv with a couple of extra hides, was fine when I got the other end.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Moved mine from Bristol to Stoke (not quite as far I know) in a cricket keeper sized critter keeper, with 1 plant in it so he didn't slide anywhere, put him in footwell next to me so that it wasn't too bright but could still see him. Obviously don't do this if you are putting stuff on the passenger seat!

·
Registered
611 Posts
I moved two beardies from Chester to north Scotland so around the same distance you're planning. I put them in shoe boxes and left them in the footwell of the passenger seat. This was in Feb last year so was cold, I had the heaters on gently pointing at them to keep the cab comfortable.
In honesty a few hours of cold isn't going to hurt him, he'd come across it in the wild. If the car is warm enough for you to feel comfortable in a t-shirt then it'll be ok to keep him going. Maybe don't feed him a couple of days before heading up so there's no food to lie in his gut. If you prefer you can keep him in the viv, obviously removed anything that could slide around and hurt him and tape the doors closed. However a dark, warm, confined space would probably suit him better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts