Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it comes to bringing my baby home, I may have to make a journey over an hour long to get home using trains and tubes. I'm slightly concerned about keeping the container at the right temperature, and also about the massive amounts of noise/visual stimulation. I plan to cover the container to make my littl'un feel more secure, but would appreciate some advice on the other elements of care during the trip. I want the snake to be as comfortable as I can make it.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Your journey time is actually very short and wont bother him in the slightest.
Just keep him covered up (as you said you will) and don't open the box until your home.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good god I wouldn't dream of opening the box up! Can you imagine chasing an escaped MBK around a train carriage ROFL.....

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That wasn't meant to be rude or sarcastic by the way, thanks for the advice. No need for a heat pack then? I suppose the warmth of my lap will suffice for that short a journey. Thanks for setting my mind at ease :)

S

·
0 Posts
That wasn't meant to be rude or sarcastic by the way, thanks for the advice. No need for a heat pack then? I suppose the warmth of my lap will suffice for that short a journey. Thanks for setting my mind at ease :)
Haha Dan does sarcasm m8 im sure he new that :whistling2:

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
I do sarcasm (sometimes, :p ) and even rude but what's an MBK?

Best i could come up with was many banded king? lol

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Steve - I don't wanna piss anyone off though being new to the forum and v. grateful for all the help.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Cheers Steve - I don't wanna piss anyone off though being new to the forum and v. grateful for all the help.
Why not? I've done it since close to the first day i signed on i think:rotfl:

Cheers for the MBK explanation.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh well sod it then I'll just stop being polite and jump right into the fray :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I had to do it for 2 hours on a train and bus. Not ideal, but she's fine for it and she had no problems once home. She was in my padded record bag, and where I could, I'd have her in her tub, among the padding, on my lap, to reduce vibration.

2 hours from South-West London to North London - you can get from London to Paris quicker on train!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good grief I never realised it could take that long! TY for advice. I'm planning on putting the tub in a shoebox and pad it out underneath leaving room for ventilation at the top. Should be fine really :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts