Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeetings everyone!

Didn't know where else to ask so here it goes...I'll be moving to UK soon and I can't decide if I should bring my pet iguana with me or not. I don't know how hard it is to aquire all the neccessary paperwork, will he have to be in the quarantine, is there a risk of him dying?
I'm also worried if he'd be able to adjust to new climate easily since its quite a big difference between England weather and mediteranean.

If anyone here has any experience...any information would be helpful.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True that about UV light, however he is outdoors 3 months a year since its very hot and sunny here in Croatia, and he's been like that every summer ever since I got him. People here (some biologists) been telling me I'll shorten his lifespan if I take that away from him (???).
I don't really care about the amount of paperwork it would require, I'm more interested in his safety and what's the best for him...but on the other hand I don't want to leave him with my parents cause I don't trust them (They caused some irreversible damage while taking care of him for a few years).

I just want to take him with me and give him a long, happy life :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Croatia joined EU on 1st July :2thumb: so now I can finally move to UK to live with my husband without the insane amount of paperwork...guess the same goes for my iguana.
Would go with Lufthansa since I heard they are the best when it comes to transporting animals (not just cats and dogs) however its a 2 hour flight to Heathrow and then another 4 to 5 hours to Castleford (near Leeds) and I'm not sure if my darling iguana would be okay with that :(
If I had a driving licence and a car I'd drive him, no doubt about it, but it isn't an option :( And having my husband drive from UK to Croatia and then back again...well airplane is a cheaper solution then :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.