Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little amel is currently gravid with her third clutch, or maybe its her fourth, seeing as she was gravid for a third time but then seemingly reabsorbed them before becoming gravid again.

According to a reptile vet I should take her in if she goes 3 weeks after a shed w/o laying. Well, three weeks elapsed last Monday. She's is still showing signs of being extremely interested in food, she's strike feeding and hugging her mouse instead of me leaving it in the tank with her and her nosing it for a few minutes before latching on and commencing swallowing.

She's definately got eggs inside her, there are several small bumps down the lenght of her abdomen

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I brought her to the Blue Cross in Dublin, they didn't really really did exotics (they did relish the chance to see what a gravid snake looked like), so they gave me a referral form to bring to an exotic vet in Bray*

*Incidentally, for any of you who watched Animal Hospital, the exotic vet in question is Bairbre O'Malley who was on the show for the first couple of years

1 - 4 of 4 Posts