Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Ms Triple Cluther Jool was X-rayed by Bairbre O'Malley which revealed....

...absolutely nothing inside her apart from some poo. Bairbre said she was thin, which would be down to me feeding her smaller food items due to me thinking she wouldn't have room for larger food items due to me thinking was full of eggs.
When I broughet her home I defrosted a large mouse that I was reserving for another female (who now won't be fed until next year due to the fact that the mouse was to be her last meal before I started cooling in three weeks time). She was very happy with her meal.

On a more serious note, it was pinky-pump time for the six non-feeders. I took the first one out and discovered a lump in its neck. I thought it was one of two things:
1) Broken bones in the neck
2) Stuck woodchip

I took it in to the Reptile Haven and Graham put it in warm water to aid it in passing a woodchip if it was indeed a woodchip.

I rang the next day and Ben said it was neither of the above but it appeared to be a physical defect of some sort. I mentioned I had been feeding it via pinky pump and he said it was likely tissue damage caused by the pump.
It said it was a good enough size for its age (3-4 months) and healthy looking otherwise

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, she ovulated for a third time but reabsorbed the eggs. I assumed she was ovulated for a fourth time (and so did Ben the owner of Ireland's premiere reptile shop The Reptile Haven) because she had bumps in her belly.
Turns out she had no eggs inside her and wasn't ovulating at all, I assume she's out of shape from being gravid in the past and those bumps are left by previous clutches

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I've been to Reptile haven a few times now great place Ben certainly knows what he's talking about. About one of the few stores that do here anyway,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts