Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my python a week and a half, it was fed the day before I got it so it's around due it's feed and the woman I buy from told me it's on one weaner rat every two weeks so I'm not in a massive panic but should I be concerned it's shown no interest in food xx

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
How old is the Royal? What's it's weight? What sex is it? I take it that it's adult from being told to feed it every 2 weeks :whistling2:.

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's male, 3 years old, not weighed him yet since getting him. We actually have two, we have his brother as well but his brothers currently hidden away in blue x

·
Registered
265 Posts
normal

this is normal for a royal anytime you read about royal pythons you hear the stories of feeding (I like to call the fiddly feeders) I had one that did not eat for 8 months at one point and now i cannot stop him lol

I wouldnt worry when I get a new royal and I have had a fair few(8) I consider myself lucky if they feed in the first month of having them as this is known as the settling in period.

Best of luck but if no joy after a month try bigger food item, drop feeding, super heating food things like this and we will kick start again eventually.

Reactions: xsteff1991x

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot for your advice, it's good to feel prepared with tips in case it does turn a bit more serious I find. I am quite a worrier anyway, especially with pets. I love this forum because there's so many experienced people on here it really puts my mind at rest knowing I've got all this info right there :)

I'm going to try feeding again next week when his brothers finished shedding and they can be fed together as I think he might be more likely to feed if his brother is. May sound weird but they are very close, do not like being seperated. They were nearly seperated for good as well as his brother was suppose to be sold, but they never came and since his brothers been here with him he's settled in his enviroment properly but until he's out of shed we can't feed him so hopefully next week he will feel better feeding with his brother too. xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts