Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Finally got my bearded dragon today. He is about 10 weeks old and I've named him Troy.

He seems active, has eaten some greens and live foods no problems. Doesnt seem to be stressed at all, unless it can randomly happen in the next few days?

Thanks a lot to everyone that helped me a long the way. Here are some pictures:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
He looks very cute:flrt:

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
He looks lovly, well worth the past weeks stress in setting up the viv.

Looking forward to more pictures.

Give him some time to get used to you and he will come out.

congrats
jay

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,

Thank you, definitely worth it.

He's been okay, handled him today and he never seemed scared. Gave me a little lick to see it was me. Handled for just a minute or so, put him back then gave him a few crickets.

He keeps coming up to the glass...nosey so and so. Does this mean anything?

Took a few more today, I'll put them up soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very cute beardie =D looks similar to mine, will get pics up soon :D

The set up looks amazing, hopeing mine will start to look better now i have joined this forum and started learning new things haha :2thumb:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very cute beardie =D looks similar to mine, will get pics up soon :D

The set up looks amazing, hopeing mine will start to look better now i have joined this forum and started learning new things haha :2thumb:
Thanks Kirsty.

The Viv is pretty basic for now, until he gets better at hunting down crickets!

I never tried to feed him until 12pm today, thought he would wolf the insects down! But he is just starring at them today. There is one 'injured' right in front of him on his basking stone and he is just starring at it.

Could be stressed from the move even though he ate the day I got him. Only got him 2 days ago. He might be going through a shed too, seen him rubbing his body and chin on the rocks.

He pooped today though, so thats something I guess.

More pictures:

This one is too funny

Basking

Tiny

Nosey neighbour...curtain twitching

·
Registered
25 Posts
awwww bless him =)

he is so tiny compared to mine, or i just have small hands haha

Mine ate straight away and has given me the joys of poo cleaning a few times already :( good sign though hey.

I was told to put the crickets in the fridge for a few mines to slow them down, making them easier for him to catch, haven't tried it yet but we will see :)

love the pictures, he is adorable and nosy just like mine, always popping his head up to watch whats going on haha :D

I have put some pictures of mine up now, not the best but will try get more =)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Lola.

Can't belive how big he is going to get though! Will enjoy him this size while it lasts!

Hey Kirsty,

Yeah he is tiny, only about 11 weeks old. He ate fine originally then started going off food. He ate again tonight, but only about 5 crickets and not seen him touch greens yet. He ain't eating nowhere near the 50 crickets a day people mention for young beardies though.

Oh and I saw your pictures :)

Put some extra decor in his Viv yesterday, high enough so that crickets can't hid in it! Straight away he went over to investigate and tried to get to it, LOL !

·
Registered
116 Posts
He is adorable ! Theyre nosey lil buggers aint they haha, my toby can sit at the window looking out for hours, also love the gaping pic, he is sooo cute :)

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.