Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
i know mate have you felt the clusters to see if there quite stiff if so that could be a male and a females will be alot softer
i really wouldnt get them probed though its not good for monitors especially young or small ones
im hopeing theyll turn out to be male and female for you it might be that theyre to small to tell for definate but it looks that at least you have one male, pic 2 is just hard to tell it has small clusters but not as clear as pic one females can still have small clusters but theyre not as spikey

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
im glad you`ve got it sorted and you have a male now
its funny at first it really did look like you had two males but its hard to tell with out seeing them in the flesh and feeling theyre clusters to see if theyre hard or rubbery
good luck with breeding them in the future m8 :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Can you tell me what i can try and feel for to sex mine.

only things i now of how to visually sex them is scales neer spurs present, and head...long, narrow = female.

I have been told mine is a female. What can i do to check?

She is 9months old.

females allso have clusters near the vent they are generally smaller than males and are flexible as apposed to males which are more prominent are harder and stiff
how old is yours and do you have pics of the vent area

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.