Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im with you lot - i believe i have 2 males

Been to the reptile vets today and she examined them and believes i have 2 females - unfortunatly she did not have any probe tools at that practice but asked me go back next week and she can have a bash

How accurate is probing with ackies?
I had 2 snakes probed years ago and turned out to be not what i was told

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so spoke to quite alot of experienced keepers and all saying not to get them probed - so im not - dont wanna damage the buggers

Im still unsure of the sex of these - im getting both sex results:devil::devil::bash:

Anyone local to me that is experienced and can sex them if i pop down to them? - cheeky me

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OKIS DOKE UPDATE:

First off thanks to Rick for offering take a look,

I took him up on this and he believes i have 2 females.

So i guess the hunt was on for a male?

I went viper and vine and they had some 07 ackies in - so i asked what sex he had in the shop and he had 2 males and a female

Matt looked at mine and also agreed i had 2 females

So iv come home with a male from viper and vine - hes now in quarentine for a while and put a bit of weight on him.

Hes 15 inches long - but slender

Again thanks to Rick:2thumb::2thumb:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Iv Been Told My Biggest Female Was 18 Months When I Got Her And My Smaller Was An Early 07 - Theres Not Much Difference Between The Smaller Female And The Male Just A Little Chunkier - Needs A Good Feeding Up And Be Same Size

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Can you tell me what i can try and feel for to sex mine.

only things i now of how to visually sex them is scales neer spurs present, and head...long, narrow = female.

I have been told mine is a female. What can i do to check?

She is 9months old.

Its racked my brains for weeks as to what i had - best way i can describe it is that the clusters are sharp and you can feel on a male - on my females they are not as sharp more like rubbery if that makes sense - glad i now know and like rick said to me today when you have a male and female next to each other you can tell difference - the head on my male is really chunky compared to my smaller female

Either way why not pop down to living rainforest they have a male and female in there- also they are not badly priced - 129
Ask them sex yours sure they will happily help
But then you will be tempted to buy them ha ha

good luck: victory:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.