Reptile Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
hey. glad you got it sorted in the end mate !
best of luck with breeding!
Any pics?:notworthy:

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
how old are yours mate....haent read the whole thread so sorry if this has been asked

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Iv Been Told My Biggest Female Was 18 Months When I Got Her And My Smaller Was An Early 07 - Theres Not Much Difference Between The Smaller Female And The Male Just A Little Chunkier - Needs A Good Feeding Up And Be Same Size

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nice one mate! Glad i could help today, you have some stunning little ackies!

Good luck with introducing them and breeding them!

All the best

Rick

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
im glad you`ve got it sorted and you have a male now
its funny at first it really did look like you had two males but its hard to tell with out seeing them in the flesh and feeling theyre clusters to see if theyre hard or rubbery
good luck with breeding them in the future m8 :2thumb:

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Can you tell me what i can try and feel for to sex mine.

only things i now of how to visually sex them is scales neer spurs present, and head...long, narrow = female.

I have been told mine is a female. What can i do to check?

She is 9months old.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts

only things i now of how to visually sex them is scales neer spurs present, and head...long, narrow = female.

She is 9months old.

females allso have clusters near the vent they are generally smaller than males and are flexible as apposed to males which are more prominent are harder and stiff
how old is yours and do you have pics of the vent area

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
It says 9months at the bottom :whip::lol2:

i shall take some shots, should i start a new thread :hmm:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

She is 9months old.

Its racked my brains for weeks as to what i had - best way i can describe it is that the clusters are sharp and you can feel on a male - on my females they are not as sharp more like rubbery if that makes sense - glad i now know and like rick said to me today when you have a male and female next to each other you can tell difference - the head on my male is really chunky compared to my smaller female

Either way why not pop down to living rainforest they have a male and female in there- also they are not badly priced - 129
Ask them sex yours sure they will happily help
But then you will be tempted to buy them ha ha

good luck: victory:

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Its racked my brains for weeks as to what i had - best way i can describe it is that the clusters are sharp and you can feel on a male - on my females they are not as sharp more like rubbery if that makes sense - glad i now know and like rick said to me today when you have a male and female next to each other you can tell difference - the head on my male is really chunky compared to my smaller female

Either way why not pop down to living rainforest they have a male and female in there- also they are not badly priced - 129
Ask them sex yours sure they will happily help
But then you will be tempted to buy them ha ha

good luck: victory:
Got work experience in the living rainforest. bough from there before and go reguallary...for a 1hour drive there.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.