Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok can someone recommend a make and model for me, I am after a twin stat to control my lights in my new snake viv stack?

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Ive got a twin stat by habistat for my double viv...... if its for lights I wouldnt get it though as its not a dimmer.. just cuts them straight out..... you'd have to be 2 dimming stats for lights.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn...I was Hoping that I could use some sort of dbl stat for my lights...so you would recommend heat mats for all urs tim? where abouts r ur mats?
Nat xx

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Id actually recommend a ceramic or rep radiator.. but im using mats for now until I can afford 7 dimming stats

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
yeah i don't believe they do dimming twin stats.... If you want some cheap Nat your best keeping an eye on the classifieds or ebay really

NNY you got any radiators yet?

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hhmmm thats a pain in the as...was hopin that they wuld do twins to save on bloody plugs everywhere!! lol...

these reptile radiators every1 keeps raving about...what are they? dont the snakes burn themselves on them?

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Nat said:
hhmmm thats a pain in the as...was hopin that they wuld do twins to save on bloody plugs everywhere!! lol...

these reptile radiators every1 keeps raving about...what are they? dont the snakes burn themselves on them?
I've done a review on them in the snake section if you do a search.... I think they are very good but getting the hot spot is the difficult bit, got them in my dragons enclosures and they get hot spots of 120f+ if you need them about a foot away....

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
if someone gets examples of both i may be able to come up with something, wiring diagrams would be best! 5 years doing electrical courses looks like it may pay off :lol:

at a guess there will be a switch value somewhere (depending how complex could range from a variable resistor to actual plc programming) which dims the light and a higher value that will turn it off if to hot, its that inbetween point that you need to add to the twin stats but cant say for sure whats needed without seeing in two variations of the models but sure they could be adapted :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts