Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my apologies to sender on loss of your babies,i dont want to upset you by bringing this subject up,,but can anyone tell me if this malfunction on stats are common as i have 2 vivs running off a twin stat (habistat),which should it go wrong both vivs are going to be affected,or would it be safer to have an individual stat per viv? thanks

·
Registered
17,458 Posts
my apologies to sender on loss of your babies,i dont want to upset you by bringing this subject up,,but can anyone tell me if this malfunction on stats are common as i have 2 vivs running off a twin stat (habistat),which should it go wrong both vivs are going to be affected,or would it be safer to have an individual stat per viv? thanks
well i like one stat one viv rule as you have more control on either viv and i one was to pack up it's not going to effect both vivs.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Ive ran twin stats for ages and never had problems... Two of my dimmers had broke though, luckily just stopped the whole thing, so no heat.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Its not common no. Habistat are at the top of their game and produce some of the best equipment available.

There are thousands and thousands being used and malfunctions are very few and far between.

As for twin stats being 2 completely seperate units or not I am unsure, so dont knwo whether a malfunction would effect both outputs.

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
it was a twin stat that was attached to my corns viv but the other viv attached to the stat has not been affected by the looks things the probe was the problem, dont worry about me, if anything its brought awareness that even the most respected brands can malfunction and never put 100% into anything

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was a twin stat that was attached to my corns viv but the other viv attached to the stat has not been affected by the looks things the probe was the problem, dont worry about me, if anything its brought awareness that even the most respected brands can malfunction and never put 100% into anything
your tragic loss has certainly made ppl aware that not everything in life is 100%,thankyou to everyone for your answers,i think i will be investing in individual stats as after this tragedy i would never forgive myself if something went wrong and i didnt take this as being fore-warned

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
your tragic loss has certainly made ppl aware that not everything in life is 100%,thankyou to everyone for your answers,i think i will be investing in individual stats as after this tragedy i would never forgive myself if something went wrong and i didnt take this as being fore-warned
If thier thier deaths have ma de awareness then, it doesnt make it alittle better, all i can hope is that we can all get something out of this and if this new awareness helps to save other snakes lifes, it is better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts