Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you Master of Darkness :) Finally got him a few weeks before christmas, and what a little dude. I'd left him to settle a while, as he didn't seem to touch his food, but that's all sorted now :)

He is such a little cutie, and loves to accidentally fall in his water bowl, the div :p x

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Awww he's gorgeous Jac. Looks chunkier than I imagined they would. It's so nice seeing more Uroplatus around :2thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks hun! He is a sweetie...

After some intense reading, these guys do tend to be more linear in their appearance so as to aid with camouflage. For example, Snoopy is quite long and slender, so would likely appear to be on the slender side, when in fact he may be healthy. This little fella though does in fact have a little belly on! He is a fully grown adult male, with re-gen tail, and I will do my best to keep him to the shape he is. He is very inquisitive!

Jac :) x

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Well he looks great and hope he does really well with you.

I'm hoping to get some kind of Uroplatus in a year or two but the main thing I worry about is temps in the summer, although I've heard that guentheri are more tolerant than others.

G

·
Awww, stunning little dude :D and awesome pics :2thumb:

I worry about is temps in the summer, although I've heard that guentheri are more tolerant than others.
So long as you can keep your cresties cool enough you shouldn't have a problem with U. guentheri : victory:

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Thanks Chris :2thumb:

The ones I'd really like are the sikorae but will need to find out abit more first. I also love the U. pietschmanni but they are super difficult to keep from what I've heard.

G

·

The ones I'd really like are the sikorae but will need to find out abit more first. I also love the U. pietschmanni but they are super difficult to keep from what I've heard.
Good choices :mf_dribble: I would love to keep these one day... but I want to make sure I am ready before making the financial commitment :lol2:

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
beautiful gecko - mine didn't eat for almost a week after arriving I think people seriously under estimate move-related stress in these little beasties :notworthy:

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Good choices :mf_dribble: I would love to keep these one day... but I want to make sure I am ready before making the financial commitment :lol2:
Exactly........it'll be worth it in the end though.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
He's lovely Jac, has got some nice markings on him :flrt:

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
That little face is deadly cute!
I wish these were as available and as active as cresties! I'd definitely have one in an instant.
Maybe a trip to hamm in December ;)

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awww, stunning little dude :D and awesome pics :2thumb:

So long as you can keep your cresties cool enough you shouldn't have a problem with U. guentheri : victory:
Thanks hun, and yeah, Chris is right.. :)

I'd love them, but they are bitey, so I won't get them lol! Not sure about the U. Pietschmanni though, must go and google that!!

Aye, it's a lot of pennies and some hard work... Although Snoopy put his "Sikorae" coat on the other day, I should have got a picture!!!

beautiful gecko - mine didn't eat for almost a week after arriving I think people seriously under estimate move-related stress in these little beasties :notworthy:
Thanks hun, and I agree! It took me ages to get Snoopy settled, but Woodstock was eating within a week. It really can knock them for six if you're not careful..

gorgeous jac :flrt: another fab gecko love the litlle pot belly:lol2:
Hahaha thanks hon! What you trying to say? :Na_Na_Na_Na:

Exactly........it'll be worth it in the end though.
Sure will :)

Nice loking Guntheri and just the sort of photo I had been looking for,thanks
Thanks Dean, and I'm glad they have helped. Need anymore, just shout, I take too many piccies :blush:

awwww, hes soooo cute, I want one! haha
Bwahahaha! You want everything ;) :Na_Na_Na_Na:

He's lovely Jac, has got some nice markings on him :flrt:
Thanks Hon, I caught him "bark coloured" the other night, took me bloody ages to spot him!! That is my favourite thing about the Uroplatus...

awe jac he's so cute loving the last 2 pics xx
Thanks hun, he is very cute!! x

That little face is deadly cute!
I wish these were as available and as active as cresties! I'd definitely have one in an instant.
Maybe a trip to hamm in December ;)
It is very cute, it's the eyes and the eyelashes!!

Yes, I think so too ;) And he is active, he potters around his viv after lights out and sometimes even comes out in the day now he is settled :)

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha, it doesnt hurt to want everything..... atleast that sorts birthday and Christmases for the next 10 years or so! :lol2:
Haha too true!!! :no1:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I've kept both sikorae and s. sameiti and neither were remotely bitey. Also out of all the Uroplatus I kept, U. pietschmanni were one of the easiest husbandry wise.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
That's really interesting Justin. So is it just the breeding that is difficult with the U. pietschmanni?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts