Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

got a problem with one of my beardies.

over the last few days he hasnt eaten much at all and not looking very bright eyed...as if hes not getting much sleep.

im feeding them crix and some greens which he love but turns his head up at them

ive also noticed that he was digging the other night,not much and then laid down to go to sleep.

there is a small difference in the size but is very little.

on the other hand the other one im sure if give,could eat a bloody horse!
eats all the crix and most of th greens.

i know you guys will ask me for the temps so here is the description

viv: 4x2x2
temp basking: 110*c

is this something to be worried about?

cheers

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
what is the age of the beardie?
how old is your uv? and what percentage is it?

sounds to me like hes settling down to brumate if hes old enough.
have you tried him on different live foods...ie:larger locusts,cockroaches?
sometimes beardies get bored of the same food.

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Brumation was what I was thinking.. A lot of older beardies may slow themselves down in the winter months.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow cheers for the instant reply guys :no1:

there not very old.

dont know exaclty how many months but not many.

hes a bit slow at catcing them at the best of times but when i still go to hand feed him (which hes done in te past) he still doesnt batter an eyelid.

the viv is practically brand new only had it just over a month.

any help is much appriciated

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
it sounds like he is chuting down my male is like that to no

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Are they in the same viv? He may feel threatened by the other beardie, that's not unheard of.
Do you have a pic or know the weight?

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Ah yeah quite young then. Possibly may feel threatened by the other one, try feeding them seperately and see if he eats more. It can sometimes just be the presence of another more dominant occupant that puts them off.
It could still also just be because of winter, at night, one of mine digs a little bed out of the sand to sleep in to keep warm.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cheers guys just got a bit worried bout the lil fella.

lol yea mate my typo lol

cheers guys much appriciated :notworthy:

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
ok they look too young to be brumating so im guessing its a case of bullying as has already been mentioned.is there any way you can seperate them?

·
Registered
66 Posts
wardy luvs reptiles

:naughty: u shouldt have the temp basking at 110c you should have it atabout 70 degrees c thats u should ask the pet shop for a new thermometer or if they have any advice my advice is your viv is far to hot

·
Registered
976 Posts
157f is abit hot even for beardies,

i would suggest you rethink your posts reptile dude because you are putting wrong info on loads of threads.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
to me it sounds like your beardie is getting bored with his food. a typical feeding problem. you need to vary his diet. To get him going again, buy some waxworms, mealworms and silkworms. and feed sparingly. also, dont make a regular feeding schudule, otherwise they will get used to being fed at a certein point. Another thing which helps me feeding my lizard is to go out to a pesticede/herbicede free place and get the biggest bug (not a preditory one or a slug) and give it to your beardie.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey guys relax,

read the thread before you go saying things about it

it doesnt bother me in the slightest.i was in a rush but needed some help as i was getting a lil worried

at the end of the day nine times out of ten you get some great advice which is why were all here on this thread,to offer advise and help.

people come on here with problem's/query's which people may have come across or know how to deal with.

chill guys...

i had got them into a feeding patteren but i can see why not to.

the lil fella should be ok in a day or two. i spose animals get like that.

cheers fo the help guys its much appriciated

·
Registered
976 Posts
he does say it was a typo.no need to get on his back because of a typo is there??
ok my bad,

just when you read another thread that says veileds should have a basking of 60c and another says beardies a basking of 70c and another says only have uv on all night,and feed lettuce,well it seems a little suss.

but i am bad for thinking there all typo's

·
Registered
976 Posts
hey mottsey i didnt mean you,(sorry for not making that clear).although i did say reptile dude in my post.

i just had been reading (reptile dude) reply's and he/she is giving out wrong info all over the place so my post wasnt meant to you,infact i havent even read all the thread.
It was aimed at reptile dude that seems to be givng wrong info out to people.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts