Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Was at pet store buying tree frog when we found this lizard in the same terrarium which then pet store work asked if I wanted it and said it was brown anole so I agreed once I brought it home I did some research into brown anoles personally this lizard looks and acts different then what I was reading on brown anoles can any of you confirm or deny if it’s brown anole and help me figure out what I have ??

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Was it not meant to have been in the viv in the store?
Really doesnt look like a brown anole, eyes, shape, colouration and markings are very different.... Brown anoles are slender with quite long tails (in terms of body to tail ratio), dark/black eyes and a nose that goes into a pointy snout, slim legs....

I would of guessed a gecko species, but I dont know. More photos of it will help if you can get some different angles.
It looks like its not had any problems finding food though... so possibly been on the same diet as the frog were on?

Little bit shocked they tried to tell you it was an anole... i'm getting the feeling its a stowaway from where ever the frogs came from...

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Moorish does seem like a good bet, but need more pics...
I wouldnt say white spotted. They have 4 big one spots on their back in nearly every pic I could see, headd shape is very similar but eyes def a better match for a Moorish.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Are you able to get any more photos of it up?
There are -dozens- of different wall gecko species and need a couple of good, clear photos to properly look at its features to try and figure it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts