Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I really don't know what to do and just need some help on how to make his beautifull spikes to come back through properly! As you can see below the shed problem his scales are going manky. Does anybody know how to sort it out? Please help as i just want my beardie looking beautifull again! Thanks, Connor.

Reptile Forums - xPoolesy's Album: Beardie shedding problem - Picture

If the picture doesn't load please click the above link to see the problem ^

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hiya poolesy...I take it youve tried bathing him/her? This usually help getting shed off...I think the more experienced members will be able to tell you more..Ive not seen anything like that before, hope you get it sorted :2thumb:

Next thing might be a vet trip hun, just to be on the safe side : victory:

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
get him to the vet as soon as possible that is not normal at all :gasp:

·
Registered
432 Posts
if its on sand swop it for wood chippings and give it 2-3 warm baths a week aprox 10-15 min long and make sure that its got a nice big rock or log to rub on. post a pic of your set-up if you can plz

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
if its on sand swop it for wood chippings and give it 2-3 warm baths a week aprox 10-15 min long and make sure that its got a nice big rock or log to rub on. post a pic of your set-up if you can plz
Out of interest, why are you advising to put it on wood chip? Surely tissue/tiles would be safer, more sensible option. Wood chip is not really a suitable substrate for them.
Did you look at the picture? It clearly needs to see a vet. Do not just leave it, it needs veterinary attention. That does not look like stuck shed, it is some sort of infection/skin complaint. This is potentially a very serious condition. Get it seen by a vet asap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RE: urgent help needed

i mean, hes fine in himself, still eating and pooing well, sheds the rest of his body fine apart from that bit. i bathe him regularly and have been doing it more since i came across this problem and little bits seem to to come off but it all just seems to be stuck? does anyone know any good reptile vets in the Derby area?

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Google is your friend. Type reptile vets derby and you will get replys it could take ages for someone from the area to find this thread recommend you one and then for you too see it. Get this guy to a vets asap it is your responsibility to do this without fail

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it isn't a burn as he cannot get to the heat bulb, i am certain of that. i have him booked in at the pets at home vets at 2:45 pm today so i will tell you all how it goes! thanks v much for all your help, kind regards, connor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.