Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or not, but at this point I am trying all avenues.

I know this is a very strange request, especially on a forum, but I am in urgent need of help to foster a few of my family pets. I have been to charities and other animal organisations around the country, but none of them have been willing to help under my circumstances.

Without going into too much detail, me and my children and all of my family pets will be homeless in exactly 7 days from now. I have the dog, the hamsters and the reptiles covered. I am just having problems finding loving foster homes for my rabbit (who is an indoor rabbit) and my 2 male tabbies :( If anyone at all could help, or know's of anyone or any organisation that can, then pls pls pls would u let me know?? I am so desperate at this stage. One of my tabbies has been with us for 7 years and I would hate to have to rehome him. In all my years of owning cats, I have never come across one as loving and as human-like as my Ziggy. He even plays hide and seek lol ... the other tabby is a 1 year old male and he is lovely and affectionate too! .... My rabbit is an un-neuteured female, who we have had 2 litters from over the past 2 years :) They are all absolutely stunning and I know it is a huge responsibility for anyone to take on, but if anyone could open their hearts and help us out, myself and my children would be soooooo grateful!!!

We really do want to see our pets back with us once we have settled down, and this is the only way I know how to make that happen.

Thank You For Reading :)

·
Banned
290 Posts
i would help but i think i'm a little far. i know that situation really sucks as i was in the same one earlier and ended up rehoming all but my dog and two snakes. i really hope you find someone m*hugs*

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awww thank you elanor ... I really do appreciate that ! :)

I am on the borders of Norfolk and Suffolk kelly, but it doesn't really matter where they are fostered. My cousin is having my dog and she lives in Derby. It's just unfortunate that her staffy doesn't really like cats and rabbits :(

I must say though, that a friend of mine will foster my older cat, who he loves to bits! but can't until the middle of January because he is travelling until then.

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Aww your to far from my Im in Essex and dont drive other wise I would have had bunnie for you!...

I hope things get sorted hun xxx

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awww thank you pixie :) ... I am willing to travel ;)

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
might be able to help with the kitties, would take the rabbit toobut we have 2 indoor ferrets so not really a good idea, let me talk to him indoors and ill get back to you.
i am in east yorkshire, is this too far??

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Oh if only my leasehold didnt forbid animals (they dont know about the ones in tanks!!hehe) but i dont think i could hide the cats very well!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aawwww you guys thank you :D

kev if you're serious about the wabbit, could u pls let me know? I'm not sure when I will be in Derby - probably at the weekend.

And rach that would be absolutely fantastic! :D I'm not quite sure the distance of East Yorkshire from Derby, but for some reason, no one can have the cats because they have cats of their own or dogs that don't like cats or hubbies that don't like cats. I feel like I am constantly hitting brick walls :(

Thanks again guys - I will wait to hear from you by post or PM :)

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Breezy_One said:
Aawwww you guys thank you :D

kev if you're serious about the wabbit, could u pls let me know? I'm not sure when I will be in Derby - probably at the weekend.

And rach that would be absolutely fantastic! :D I'm not quite sure the distance of East Yorkshire from Derby, but for some reason, no one can have the cats because they have cats of their own or dogs that don't like cats or hubbies that don't like cats. I feel like I am constantly hitting brick walls :(

Thanks again guys - I will wait to hear from you by post or PM :)
i have 6 cats, lol, thats wehy im willing to do it.
i do have dogs also but they are usually in their crates if the cats are in the room :D

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My youngest kitty absolutely LOVES dogs lol .... he plays full on with my golden retriever ..... goes for the throat lol ..... if you are serious and it's ok with the hubby let me know hun ... thank you :)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
i would love to help but i have an ex-racer greyhound lol and he would eat the cats :shock: :shock:
sorry hope some1 can help you
manda xx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts