Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine just spoke to me on msn. he got a leopard gecko nearly a year ago. he says she is now not using her back legs properly and constantly licking her eyes. other than that he says he cant see anything wrong. iv never had a problem with a leo being ill like that so im stumped. any help you could give would be appreciated!
he has a vets appointment tomorrow morning. cheers guys
Spoon :-D

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
well could be a number of things do the legs look normal other then not being used??ie MBD.....my female leo started going off her food at beginning of year but still looked fat she became very lazy with back legs so lay down alot, i knew she was'nt impacted got her to vets and it ended up she had cysts on her ovaries so had to have an histeractomy aparentely this is very common amongst lizards just that most are left so die or are put down as op is expensive...just a few suggestions probably none but good thing is your mates taking her to vets....another idea egg bound.... :?:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot mate :-D
i know for a fact shes never been in with a male. but she is kept and fed on sand so i guess there may be a chance she has impaction. i thought it may be a calcium deficiency?
Spoon :-D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts