Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I think there is post here somewhere but ill look after, I have just noticed that my new rescue baby beardie has mites!! I have never dealt with these before and i have heard i can use frontline???

I have some that i use for the kitties is it the same one? How do i do it?? Or is the mite stuff from the pet shop better???

HELP!!!!
ta
xxx

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Nicky thanks for replying I feel like such a bad mother!: (

I have the spray like a pump bottle the lid comes off so i can use the liquid

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Just thought Id add to what Nicky said...You'll need to repeat this once or twice. The adults will have laid eggs, which the frontline wont kill, which will hatch after you'v cleaned everything and re infect the whole tank again. :lol:

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Just thought I'd mention we can now get Provent-a-mite here in the UK now :D I used it for my BP when she got mites (I'd heard frontline is really only suitable for cats/dogs not snakes though I know it has been used for them).
Before that I got something called Bye Bye Mites and it was soooo greasy and horrible and not effective on eggs (which can stay hidden up in top corners of vivs and hatch out later).

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank again everyone who replied xx

I have Grumplyn on paper towel anyway so thats good. Have emptied everything ok and milton'd it also sprayed with frontline. His wood is currently soaking in a mild bleach bath and im going to bake it. Also managed to give him a bath before I frontlined him

Thanks again for your quick responces xxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts