Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My female Uro is not eating, i got her from Hamm and she was skinny to begin with but the largest of her family, when we got back she ate all her salad everyday and was starting to put on weight, now she will not touch her salads at all, i have tried many different types of greens as well as tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, apple, peach, banana, sesamae seeds and dandelions. coated and uncoated with Uro dust a herb calcium . . .

All of this she will now not eat!, Then only thing she will occasionally eat is super/morio worms!!!!, and they are herbivours so this isnt great :(, i have also tried her with locusts, black + brown crickets, wax worms, and pinkies and no luck,

she has the correct heating temps and a basking spot of just short of 132.

Does anyone have any advice at all on what to do, i dont want to loose her as she is a stunner and is now starting to calm down. She is 7 months old btw.

Thanks for any replies!!! :smile:

: victory:

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
what age is she do you know?
none of my occellatus eat cucumber,tomato,carrot,apple,peach,banana.mine eat and love all greens,radishcio,spring greens,cress,mustard leaves,lambs lettuce,hibiscus flowers,i would personally just now stop giving her morio worms this wont be too good for her.she needs to eat more greens than meat protein.live food should only be offered rarely and as only as a treat.my occellatus love their treats off wax worms they go mad for them and now love being hand fed which is cool as they both come to the glass and sit on the ledge to get their treats.
also try different seeds,pumpkin,pine nuts,and finch bird seed.these are the favs of my occellatus.
any chance you could post a picture of her??
what percentage is the uv you have for her and how far away is it from her?

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
as above but also.. how long has she not been eating for?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, i will try some of the stuff u suggested, she hasnt been eating for about 9 days now, maybe a little more, i will stop giving her morio worms, i was only offering her them cos thats the only thing i gave her that she would eat, i know they arnt very good for them.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
What temp is it at night?
All my reps are feeling the cold and have started to eat less. They have the temps correct, but they 'know' when it's that time of year.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Yeh, 9 days is a while...but the weather can do that.
All the reps start being a bit funny feeding this time of year.

Dont offer any insects or anything liek that and see how it goes.
make sure everything in the viv is as it was when she was eating fine.
how is she acting? active? Basking and stuff?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea she is very active and basking alot i havnt started to hold her just yet as she has only been back from a trip to Hamm a while and still pretty young so naturally skitty anyway, at nite in the tank its around 70 - 72 atm. Ill post a pic later on of how skinny she is. She looks about the same as when i picked her up from Hamm, maybe put on a little weight, She should definatly be eating tho. . . . I get home from work everyday and her salad is completely untouched. . .

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went 2 a farm yesterday and brought 4 different types of seeds, green lentils, watercress, mustard cress, bean sproud, rocket salad, mustard cress. Then i got to the flat and she had eaten a little of her salad, i have given her the new salad today so hopefully she will whop it down.
Thanks a lot for all the help guys!!!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
hope she eats.
9 days is a while but i think you can put it down to the weather change.
best of luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts