Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loadz of people own dogs/puppies etc but less than half no that Grapes are poisenous to dogs. . It sounds silly but its true. I personally learnt it from my college course and its a useful thing to no as many people will begin eating things and then give there dog a bit here n there. So There you go if you didnt no it you do now. :)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yup, really true! Another one that people often don't realise is that chocolate is also poisonous to dogs.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yep chocolate is bad for them too. Even the soo called dog chocolate is bad for them. Poor dogs get no chocy satifaction :lol: Instead they get tasty bones and other various things that have animal parts/insides id rather not eat.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Yeah I know that.. but our dogs my mums one and she gives her chocolate all the time.. she's 9 now and still a very healthy dog.. i personally wouldn't have fed her chocolatre though.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Ha ha, I think Tess has become immune from all the years of "treats", like a whole box of chocolate fingers at Christmas! I try not to treat her with chocolate (I think I may have at some point to get her to shut the hell up!!) but I go out of my way not to let her have any. We give her odd bits like meat scraps but it's funny how she never begs for fruit, just chocolate, cake, crisps, sandwiches (not brown bread though!).... :lol: :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
We had a dane that used to do anything for a jam sandwich now that was funny.We used to have to take the sarnies to the shows with us just to get him to stand

·
Registered
760 Posts
oh god...... my dog steals apples from the fruit bowl...... didnt know they were bad fo her!!!!!

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
yea we have a apple tree in the garden n our dog used to climb it n eat the apples...luckily shes to old now

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
awwww a great dane!!!!!
my dog will eat anything but oranges and i mean anything he dont care he loves apples so i take the pips out and will steal chocolate if u leave it within nose reach
my dad gives him mints lol for his bad breath!!!!
manda xx

·
Registered
89 Posts
amanda75 said:
Yup, really true! Another one that people often don't realise is that chocolate is also poisonous to dogs.
bit late with this i know! chocolate is poisonous full stop the lethal dose to humans is about 22lb's altho to be fair that ammount of anything would probably kill you :lol: and most stuff we feed are dogs aint good for them but it's all about quantity little ammounts shouldn't hurt unless the dog has as reaction the safest bet is to feed them dog food and specific dog treats but will that happen will it [email protected]@~ we will still continue to see obease dogs sorry me having a bit of a rant just feel sorry for over weight dogs it's in their nature to gorge themselves so dont keep feeding them till their full cos they never will be!!

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I had heard that grapes were poisonous to dogs. I wasn't really sure if it was true, but haven't given her grapes just in case.

Chocolate is VERY poisonous, and can be fatal. 50g (2oz) of dark chocolate can be enough to kill a small dog.

Here's a link with some info. http://www.danes.org.uk/choc.htm

·
Registered
597 Posts
sorrry for bringing this thread back up but it got me laughing when you guys and gals were talking about what your dogs eat, i have 2 beagles and they go crazy for spegetti or pasta of any sort, i have a very dark coloured beagle (mostly black) and i have one thats mostly white, the beagle that is white has his face stained orange from the spegetti anyone know what i can do to get his face looking normal, he looks like he's been Tango'ed

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
CyberFae said:
I had a cat who liked cucumber... go figure!!
oi oi :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
also sultanas, raisins and onions, mushrooms and coffee & coco are also toxic for dogs......

grapes are lethal but I am surprised that not many people knew that... :?:

Anything dog related im your woman - lots of usless and useful info in my head.... :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts