Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres some useless facts thats in the back of my head, if you can think of any please add them and we will leave them here insted of useing up brain space.

Eleven chinchillas were brought from the Andes Mountains in South America in the 1930's. All chinchillas presently in North America are descended from these eleven chinchillas.

----------------------------------------
On September 23, 1969, the tabloid "The Northern Star" printed the first of many rumors that Beatle singer Paul McCartney was dead. Its first shocking headline read "Clues Hint at Beatle Death," which created an outbreak of speculative and near-hysterical opinions, most of which were pulled from interpretations of Beatle album covers and song lyrics. Teenage girls all over the world were in a frenzy for months.

--------------------------------------------

Errol Flynn, Clark Gable, Marlon Brando, and Mel Gibson all portrayed Fletcher Christian, first mate on the Bounty.

-------------------------------------------------

Hedgehog quills are not barbed or poisonous. Hedgehogs do apply a foamy, foul-tasting saliva to their quills, which protects the animals from predators.

---------------------------------------------------

The minimum safe distance between a wood-burning stove and flammable objects is three feet.

-----------------------------------------------------

The Chinese drink an average of just eight soft drinks per year, and only one (or less) is a Coca-Cola product.

----------------------------------------------------

In 1950, Scottish Nationalists stole the "Stone of Destiny" from Westminster Abbey. This was Scotland's Coronation Stone, taken by the English in 1296. By tradition, all British monarchs have to be crowned while sitting on it. It was eventually recovered from Arbroath Abbey, although some claimed this was a copy, and the original remained in Scotland. In 1996, the "Stone of Destiny" was returned from London to Edinburgh Castle, exactly 700 years after being stolen by Edward I.

--------------------------------------------------------------

In a 1996 poll, the top reason for filing for bankruptcy, as cited by 29 percent, is that filers are "over-extended." Only 15 percent of bankruptcy filers cited job problems, and only 17 percent cited health problems. Divorce accounted for 12 percent of filings. Six percent simply said they couldn't stand bill collectors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Undertakers report that human bodies do not deteriorate as quickly as they used to. The reason, they believe, is that the modern diet contains so many preservatives that these chemicals tend to prevent the body from decomposition too rapidly after death.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Vatican City is the smallest country in the world with a population of 1,000 and a size of 108.7 acres.

American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.

More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes. ( :rotfl: )

The the oldest living thing on earth is 12,000 years old. It is the flowering shrubs called creosote bushes in the Mojave Desert.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like the one about the donkeys :lol:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
a sharks bite is no more powerfull then a humans the reason it does so much damage is the speed it hits and the tugging it does
----------------------------------------
the way customs tell the difference between a cake and a buiscuit is that when a cake goes stale it goes hard when a biscuit goes stale it goes soft therefore a jaffa cake is indead a cake

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Sky is the only word in the english language without a vowel.. thats all i can think of right now :lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Peregrine falcons are the fastest animals in the world. They are believed to achieve speeds approaching 120mph when plunging from the sky after prey. One has been logged by radar at 114mph after a dive of 305m

===============================================

Ants are virtually everywhere on the planet. There are around 8,800 described species, with several hundred thousand more awaiting discovery.

Contrary to common belief, elephants are not afraid of mice. Go to any zoo and chances are that the mice are living in the same quarters as the elephants. The mice eat the grain and nest in the hay that is so common to elephant habitats.

·
Registered
89 Posts
aww i like ants but yeah they can be annoying

·
Registered
89 Posts
yeah they do ours it take all my might just to stop my girlfriend killing them all altho she's getting better just spiders to savr now lol!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Dolphins are the only other mammels who have sex just for fun.

Grey whales mate in 3sums- 2 males n 1 female, when the female picks a male the loser must support her (literally) while she and the winner get down n dirty!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Silvershark said:
In 1996, 43,687 people in the USA were injured by toilets
lol it's probably not supposed to be funny but i cant help wondering how :roll2:

·
Registered
760 Posts
A girl i know had sex on a toilet n they broke it.... :? both they and the toilet were injured!!

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
lr85ninety said:
Silvershark said:
In 1996, 43,687 people in the USA were injured by toilets
lol it's probably not supposed to be funny but i cant help wondering how :roll2:
I'm sure its supposed to be funny, though not for those that end up in hospital and are asked the question..."How did you sustain these injuries..." :lol:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
heres a few more

A wine cork costs about 10p if it is made from pressed cork scraps, and about 45p if it is one of the extra-long corks used to close the bottles at famous wine estates in Bordeaux, Burgundy, Italy, and California.

In 1996, Ringo Starr appeared in a Japanese advertisement for applesauce, which coincidentally is what his name means in Japanese.

No high jumper has ever been able to stay off the ground for more than one second.

------------------------------------------------

Lemon sharks grow a new set of teeth every two weeks. They grow more than 24,000 new teeth every year.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The movies, The Turning Point (1977) and The Color Purple (1985) both share the record of receiving the most Oscar nominations (11) and no Oscar wins.

-------------------------------------------

Babies are born with 300 bones, but by adulthood, we have only 206 in our bodies.

·
Registered
89 Posts
maybe we should start a topic for daftest statistics like the toilet one that would be funny! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
the original ford cars had dodge engines.

volkswagens were originally called the Strength through Joy Wagon.

Lasers attract lightning

the jaw of a crocodile can be held shut with an elastic band

women are smarter than men but dogs are smarter than women

the chances of dying whilst falling out of bed are 1 in 25,000,000

the apollo 13 lunar module had only 11 seconds of fuel left when it touched down on the moon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts