Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided on using lino floor tiles

need some advice i dont seem to be able to get the same temps i was getting when u was using sand/ reptile carpet ?

and how do people that use this get around the blocks on the heats mats as im thinking the less contact the mat has with the tile is why im not getting same temps :(

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i dont even use a mat. i use a bulb, i find with a bulb it gently warms the ceramic tiles enough all day and it holds the heat well and my geckos have lived that way quite happily for 9 months.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
PMd you dude....

But you could use a bit of duck tape to make sure the mats are in direct contact with the underside of the tiles...

Leos really do like belly heat but its not essential. You can get away with just a bulb.

Also floor tiles like I said are usually at a slightly lower temp' that the ambient temp so might feel much colder but aren't

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
putting polysterine tiles underneath the mat will also help direct the heat up... i think..

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
DEANandTRESE said:
putting polysterine tiles underneath the mat will also help direct the heat up... i think..
Yeah should do a little insulating but better still put some silver foil under the matt... that will direct it up even better!

Anyway what I said in PM will work! :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts