Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, yesterday morning my anoles powersun died :( so i went the shop to get another and they had none in. i searched about and found a euro zoo reflector lamp with full 4 colour spectrum uva and b rays.
does anyone know anything about them? ive looked on there website and can't find anything.
the thing is powersuns are £50-60 where as this was only £12.99. just seems way to good to be true.
any ideas?

·
Registered
257 Posts
thing is powersuns are £50-60 where as this was only £12.99
Hi there,

Cheaper is not always better, we stock the power sun bulbs for £49.95 and rate them very highly, there are better and cheaper alternatives.

The Osram Ultra Vitalux, is by far one of the best bulbs for emmitting UVB however they need to be used in spare room size enclosures. but at £30 - £35 are cheaper than the power suns

For a good site to check how good bulbs are see http://www.uvguide.co.uk

Francis Baines has spent a lot of time with other people building a site to show how much UVB each product emmits.

Tests are done with the Solar Meter 6.2, which we use on a regular basis to check UVB levels are still high enough.

If you let me know the place where these bulbs are sold we will buy a few in to test and let you know the results.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah since i've had the new bulb my lizards have been brown so ive had to order 3 powersuns, which was painful. its the shop down the road that sells them, cant find them online. once my powersuns get here i could send ya the old bulb?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts