Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you put the uv tubes inside vivs (its an arcadia starter)?

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
if you mean how do fix them to the wall/ceiling, the starter comes with screw in clips, if you mean how do you get that bloody great big 1.5 inch plug into the viv without drilling a sodding great hole, I dont know, I drilled a sodding great hole,poked the plug through and bunged up the hole.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Oh, and if your clever you can make the holes into vents, like i did. :D

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
markhill said:
if you mean how do fix them to the wall/ceiling, the starter comes with screw in clips, if you mean how do you get that bloody great big 1.5 inch plug into the viv without drilling a sodding great hole, I dont know, I drilled a sodding great hole,poked the plug through and bunged up the hole.
i may be reading this wrong but y did u just take the plug off, push the wire through then rewire the plug?

Jay

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
if the plug won't some off because it is a sealed unit (all arcadias are) you need to get some connectors an cut the wire. you then connect it back up..saves having big holes!

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
BELIAL said:
if the plug won't some off because it is a sealed unit (all arcadias are) you need to get some connectors an cut the wire. you then connect it back up..saves having big holes!
Or just buy another plug. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Spikebrit said:
markhill said:
i may be reading this wrong but y did u just take the plug off, push the wire through then rewire the plug?

Jay
I didnt want to cut the wires and invalidate the warranty, knowing my luck it would have broken the next day and i would have been screwed.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
oops i didn't mean plug as in plug...meant plug that the uv tube goes into! me an my backward english!

oh an yeah would make the warranty invalid...never had a problem yet though...(touch wood and whistle!) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts