Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone read the books? im working my way through them at the mo, soo good :D

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Ok

Theres another series of vampire books that i have read.

The saga of darren shan. 12 books each about 170 pages long. Highly reccomended by me and my mum!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I've only read 5 of them and Pandora has been my favourite

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah anne rice dont know the other ones mentioned? i read the first 4 a few years ago and started reading them again and im hooked :D

she has a really weird writing style i think

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Just been looking these books up, by darren shan, and may give them a go. Looks like there are 14 now.

1.Cirque Du Freak
2.The Vampire's Assistant
3.Tunnels of Blood
4.Vampire Mountain
5.The Trials of Death
6.The Vampire Prince
7.Hunters of the Dusk
8.Allies of the Night
9.Killers of the Dawn
10.The Lake of Souls
11.Lord of the Shadows
12.Sons of Destiny
13.Vampire Blood Trilogy
14.Vampire Rites Trilogy

I have the anne rice books on audio . Excellent.

Stephen

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i want them on audio so i can listen to them in bed, cant be arsed to read by the end of the day lol.
might look into the darren shan books :)

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Cool i havent seen those last two

might order them off amazon!

·
Registered
11,538 Posts
The Darren Shan books are class!! You really actually get put into the world of vampire's if you get what i mean!! It is that good!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I'm glad someone else has read them!!!

Have you read the demonata series?

·
Registered
920 Posts
The Anne rice set are superb. shame she isnt writing them anymore, i absolutely loved them all. If you like them, check out her Mayfair Witches trilogy aswell, also great. I'd have to say my Favourite of the chronicles is either Memnoch or The Vampire Lestat. although Tale of the body thief is quite good too. Later in the series, around blood and gold or blackwood farm, the imagery seems to play a much more important part to the books than the actual characters and the big guns (lestat,armand,louis et al) come out on occasion but not as often as you'd like or expect. Still a first class set of books that i cant recommend enough

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Yer im readint them all im now nearing the end of Memnoch - The devil, there all ace. I have the next 3 lined up ready to read as well.

Jay

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Vamp chronicles by anne rice is mint but think the saga by Darren Shan is mint.
The demonata series is also mint, got all 5 so far.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
The Anne rice set are superb. shame she isnt writing them anymore, i absolutely loved them all. If you like them, check out her Mayfair Witches trilogy aswell, also great. I'd have to say my Favourite of the chronicles is either Memnoch or The Vampire Lestat. although Tale of the body thief is quite good too. Later in the series, around blood and gold or blackwood farm, the imagery seems to play a much more important part to the books than the actual characters and the big guns (lestat,armand,louis et al) come out on occasion but not as often as you'd like or expect. Still a first class set of books that i cant recommend enough
yep i read most of them when i was a teen...i dont think i left my room for a few months after i got into anne rice lol

i do think a few towards the end of the series were a bit painful to read but lestat, memnoch and the mayfair witches chronicles are a massive part of my childhood memories

too bad anne rice went super christian after her husband stan died...she now writes jesus books:sick:

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
yep i read most of them when i was a teen...i dont think i left my room for a few months after i got into anne rice lol

i do think a few towards the end of the series were a bit painful to read but lestat, memnoch and the mayfair witches chronicles are a massive part of my childhood memories

too bad anne rice went super christian after her husband stan died...she now writes jesus books:sick:
I know i would so have loved some more books in the series, grrr at religion, but so long as she's happy i can't complain she did write some amazing books in her time tho.

jay

1 - 20 of 21 Posts