Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My corn snake weighs 350 grams and is eating large mice. I would like to offer a bit of variety to his diet so what other food can I offer him that's about the same size as a large mouse.

·
Registered
659 Posts
MAX!! STOP browsing Frozen Reptile - your freezer is already overflowing :bash:

Reactions: maxcherry

·
Super Moderator
12,018 Posts
Excellent!
Personal findings.... Nothing eats degus.

Nothing.

Though I have never tried, I reckon I know a species that would.

Indigoes.

They eat ANYTHING (books, trousers, plant pots...)

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Though I have never tried, I reckon I know a species that would.

Indigoes.

They eat ANYTHING (books, trousers, plant pots...)

Is that why you were trouserless on the news last night:whistling2:

·
Registered
4,918 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help and advice, looks like an order is going to frozen reptiles:2thumb:

Although them frozen chicks look bigger then large mice! are you sure my corn would be ok with them?

Thanks again

Ian.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I *believe* that at only 350g a chick would be too big yet. The 'hips' are quite a bit wider on the chicks than the mice. You could always just order a few and then save them until later if they are too big. I've never fed chicks - read too many horror stories of them exiting the other end :lol2:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Excellent!
Personal findings.... Nothing eats degus.

Nothing.
Can you tell that to my Mrs who is terrified if I get any more snakes bigger than my hoggies (been looking at BCI's and Royals) it will escape with the sole intention of eating her beloved Degus :whistling2::bash:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I *believe* that at only 350g a chick would be too big yet. The 'hips' are quite a bit wider on the chicks than the mice. You could always just order a few and then save them until later if they are too big. I've never fed chicks - read too many horror stories of them exiting the other end :lol2:
at 350g, it should be fine with a DOC. it looks like its never gonna manage, it can take a while to get it down first few times, and it leaves a big old fat belly, but all my lot love them :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts