Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi can anyone sugest differant food for my anoles ive had them about four months feeding on black crickets and flies hached within the hour,
i read that you can feed them whats under the hedge row in case that would be crisp packets:yeahright: i would like a few sugestions so i can give them a change
thanx julie

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
you can feed them pretty much any insect. i'd stay away from meal worms tho (nasty bugger).
wax worms, moths, fruit flys, black and brown crickets, spiders, wood lice etc....
apparently some eat baby food to but mine didn't touch the stuff.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx i tried a little baby food the gekos ate more than the anoles
i was thinking about casters and the maggots if they eat the flies then maybe the casters and maggots but i dont im not too sure so i havnt. but there what i get from the tackle shop cos there farmed without pestersides

·
Registered
766 Posts
i feed mine on lobster roaches theyre great but you can also feed them on curly wing flies (livefoods uk sell them) as a treat not a staple diet but all the things basky said are good aswell. mine are fussy eaters though lol but they like curly wing flies and lobster roaches

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx ill keep livefood an option i dont buy enough tubs to to get them on line but maybe ill be able to get the guy i get them off to try for me i kow he gets them off the inteernet.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Crickets are the easiest to gutload so I would go with crickets.

Maggots will hatch to flies quickly in the viv temps so I would stay clear unless you want an infestation moses style. lol.

Meal worms are another good choice because they will also eat any hatched beetles. (don't believe that rubbish about them eating your lizard from the inside out it's aload of tosh).

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont put the casters in the viv i have a few put to one side where its warm to quicken the prosses of changing in a tub with vents and the others in a nother tub where its cold so i get a handful at one time so i only let the flies in the viv they lovit there gone within mins i just want to give them a variety
julie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.