Reactions: NickBenger

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
Reactions: NickBenger

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
vas for all our climbers works well but you have to keep a check it dont dry out

Tony

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fluon-ETFE is a thermoplastic fluoropolymer developed by Asahi Glass. It is a copolymer comprising of tetrafluoroethylene (C2F4) and ethylene (C2H4).
-works as Teflon

Teflon-PTFE(polytetrafluoroethylene)- it can be used too but works for adults of hissers only,small nymphs have not some problem with it after some time

Vaseline- working well but must be regularly renewed.

Silicone oil - THE BEST! in my breeding working better than Fluon

Silicone grease - I am waiting for delivery- I think that it will be better than Silicone oil!??

·
Registered
826 Posts
Fluon-ETFE is a thermoplastic fluoropolymer developed by Asahi Glass. It is a copolymer comprising of tetrafluoroethylene (C2F4) and ethylene (C2H4).
-works as Teflon

Teflon-PTFE(polytetrafluoroethylene)- it can be used too but works for adults of hissers only,small nymphs have not some problem with it after some time

Vaseline- working well but must be regularly renewed.

Silicone oil - THE BEST! in my breeding working better than Fluon

Silicone grease - I am waiting for delivery- I think that it will be better than Silicone oil!??
Doesnt the oil run and get everywhere? I may not know what it is :S

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You must learn the techniques of the ninja and then you will not fear such helpless creatures. :whip:
I would like see your ninja techniques if you open the lid of the box and there are more 2000 hungry Lobster roaches- you must be a 'big magician': victory:

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
Exactly my point.

I just dont get it (says Louis).

Does is dry and then stay slippy like a frying pan?
you paint it onto a dry surface in a thin layer, it does run and drip so you have to keep going over it with the brush to catch the drips. When it dries it's very slippy, but any water (if you spray your roaches or get condensation in their box) will make it run again. It's easier just to stick some vaseline on TBH.

oh and if you think you still have any traces of it on your fingers don't smoke, if fluon particles get hot they vaporise readily and can cause lung problems if inhaled.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.