Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My avic. versicolor came today. :D

Sooo chuffed, she's stunning!

She's been sat on her cork bark for about half an hour just cleaning her fangs though, weird spider. ¬_¬

Will try & get some pics later, might be in a few days though, don't want to disturb her too much. :)

But what I wanted to know.. Is the cleaning fangs & exploring loads a sign she's hungry? Never seen this before with a new T, they always usually just go & sit somewhere & have a shedder lol. :bash:

Reckon I should try a cricket?

But kill it first? & leave it somewhere? So she doesn't get freaked out..

Cheers. : victory:

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Aw yey get some pics up!
I think this is the next spid for me:blush:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Congrats on your new addition :2thumb: Excellent choice.

I generally take pics when they arrive or just after unpacking. Drop in a couple of crickets and then leave them alone to settle in. I like to feed a new Avic sooner rather than later since it seems to encourage them to web.

Good luck with your new recruit :)

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on your new addition :2thumb: Excellent choice.

I generally take pics when they arrive or just after unpacking. Drop in a couple of crickets and then leave them alone to settle in. I like to feed a new Avic sooner rather than later since it seems to encourage them to web.

Good luck with your new recruit :)
I shall give her (hopefully :D) a couple of crickets then..

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I shall give her (hopefully :D) a couple of crickets then..

I forgot to add, no need to prekill the crickets. Avics are amazing little predators :) I love watching mine grab their food mid air or free falling to land on it lol. Great fun.

Hope you have a girlie :)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
My GBB sling loves killing his live prey!:lol2:

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I think mine will be he's scoffed 2 crix already and shed! he's looking to be a dustbin too....:lol2:

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
congrats on your Avic mate.. we have got 2 slings .. keep up happy for hours watching them :)

Yeh I love her, she's ace. :D

So different to all ym avic slings, she's dead calm!

She's sat on her door atm though, cleaning her fangs again lol.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Thanks Matt :D All the slings from both eggsacs have proved really healthy, strong slings. Fed all the spiderlings tonight....... took me ages and got a bit tedious!

Imagine... Me, tweezers, sprayer, box of tiny crickets and then....

56 gigas spiderlings
6 versi spiderlings
5 M. horrida juveniles/spiderlings
then various other bits n bobs - fasciculata, laeta, the 3 Iridopelma's, and other random stuff......
I didn't have much fun!!!
Chasing crickets that are the size of a pin across my room is NOT fun!!! SO many got out its unreal lol

Then rehoused my klugi and im itching all over :(

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Matt :D All the slings from both eggsacs have proved really healthy, strong slings. Fed all the spiderlings tonight....... took me ages and got a bit tedious!

Imagine... Me, tweezers, sprayer, box of tiny crickets and then....

56 gigas spiderlings
6 versi spiderlings
5 M. horrida juveniles/spiderlings
then various other bits n bobs - fasciculata, laeta, the 3 Iridopelma's, and other random stuff......
I didn't have much fun!!!
Chasing crickets that are the size of a pin across my room is NOT fun!!! SO many got out its unreal lol

Then rehoused my klugi and im itching all over :(

Ohhh I can relate :(

I dropped a full box of pin head crickets the other day. :censor:

& my Para's really flicky, if you go near her faunarium she goes mad with the hairs :lol:

Ooohh gigas's are gorgeous :D Can I buy a sling please when they're ready? If you sell them that is..

: victory:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts