Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys just a quick warning this film isnt very nice but i thought id put it up just to show people what can happen to there pets if there not looked after properly. this gecko was droped of at a pet shop from what i can see by the last owner. the gecko wasnt given any calcium and had a calci sand sub from what i read? the gecko is badly impacted and has very bad bones so be warned it aint nice! i have put this up for the right reasons!
YouTube - Leopard gecko

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Awwww poor thing

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
That poor little gecko.

Impacted and full of sand - and dying of calcium deficiency to boot.

Guess Calci-Sand isn't that digestible.

·
Registered
664 Posts
once a leo gets like that can it be saved? or will the poor little mite die :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i read some of the comments people made on you tube and the pet shop owner that took him in said that the vet couldnt do anything for him, he said there was a op that could maybe sort the impaction but would most likly leave him not being able to digest his food anymore. so the pet shop owner just thought it was best to see what happend and then he died a few days later.

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
question is how the hell did it get like that,surely anyone in their right mind would of consulted a vet way b4 it got in that sorry state,poor little thing must of had an agonising end:( least its at peace now,the previous owners wanna whiping with barbed wire or something else horrid that would make them think twice about causing that such pain:bash:

·
Registered
664 Posts
awwwwww poor little guy :sad: that is so sad, some people should not be allowed to have animals its disgusting!!! :cussing:

Your right about the whipping and beating lol :whip:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
how the hell do people not notice these things before they get that bad??? i know if my lizards have put on 1.5 grams, let alone this amount of weight, as for the bones......that must have been so painfull!

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
I have 7 geckos myself, and...thats just made me gob smacked iv sat here for 10 mins taking all this in, i mean
thats sick!
its horrible :(
how can people do that to a gecko or any animal! i run a rescue service and iv seen bad things, unfed snakes, half dead iguanas, stuff like that but that just broke my heart....the little guuy was dragging himself....

jazx

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
how can people let the gecko get that bad its just sick

·
Registered
66 Posts
Fortunately I dont think a lizard has evolved a level of consiousness to the same degree of a human, and so I dont think It would have suffered as much as some people may think...pain wouldnt be as emotionaly disturbing to a gecko.

Its still no excuse to allow it to get into that condition though, some people are simply stupid.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
omg the poor little thing.how the hell can people not know that when they look at the animal it isnt well.its so blind to see.you only have to compare it to a picture.some people just shouldnt be able to keep animals if they aint willing to do the research into how to keep them right.the poor thing

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
maybe we should start puting bad owners down to see if that makes a difference?:bash:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts