Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon guys and girls!

So where should i start.. Ive got a 10mnth old female bearded dragon, up until now she has been very happy and has always eaten properly ect. Around two days ago myself and my fiance invested in another bearded dragon, hes 4mnths and an obvious male. They are in their own vivs, i wouldnt be atupid enough to house them together as the male is reasonably small besides our big female and she can be quite dominant. Now.. Since weve had our male beardie (stryka) our female (dynus) seems very unhappy, shes a horrible gray colour and isnt too keen on her vegies or live food? Quite unsure what to do? Do i introduce them to eachother away from their vivs? Move them into seperate rooms? :hmm:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Introducing them at all is probably quite a bad idea. Separating them so that they can't see each other is your best bet, I think (personal opinion)

Were you intending to keep them together when he's bigger?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, theres no plans to house them together once he's bigger.. Although i would like them to eventually meet and be fine with eachother.. Where as now, they've not even met and our female is already upset!

·
Registered
611 Posts
At least break the line of site between them. I don't know how sensitive their sense of smell is but if she can smell him it may upset her, try a different room if possible.

I would say that if you let them meet when they're older you'll probably end up with a pregnant female, they're sneaky and quick little buggers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They were quite close to eachother side by side in separate vivs before hand, but after everyones feedback I've just moved my males viv to the opposite side of the room out of sight! Straight away shes back to her playful happy self! Phew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.