Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, while I've been away at college, I left my tortoise in the care of my mom, and about two weeks ago she started showing a lot of symptoms. She's developed a runny nose and has been a bit lethargic, but the main symptom I'm worried about is a growth on her right eye that I can't identify. It started out small, but now its almost covering her entire eye:

It seems like a pinkish growth covering the eye, and the dark spot seems to me like a place where its scabbing over. I don't know what the issue is or whats causing this. Please help! (Sorry for the giant picture)

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Hey everyone, while I've been away at college, I left my tortoise in the care of my mom, and about two weeks ago she started showing a lot of symptoms. She's developed a runny nose and has been a bit lethargic, but the main symptom I'm worried about is a growth on her right eye that I can't identify. It started out small, but now its almost covering her entire eye:

It seems like a pinkish growth covering the eye, and the dark spot seems to me like a place where its scabbing over. I don't know what the issue is or whats causing this. Please help! (Sorry for the giant picture)
This tortoise should be taken to a tortoise vet as soon as possible. No sense in taking chances.
A picture would be of more help. Sorry tried the link and you have to join something to see it:0(

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
A vet is definately needed so you can find out what the tumour is and what antibiotics you need for the nose problem. Make sure you try to find one that is used to treating reptiles as some non reptile vets can be a bit hopeless!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.