Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay (dumbass q here) my baby anery corn rattles her tail. I've noticed over the last couple of days when I change her water she vibrates it ? what's she doing, non of the others do it :? sorry for being dense but I cant find anything about it anywhere

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Yeah thats one way of putting it :lol: :lol: Basically its keep away from me... my kings do it all the time... makes me laugh.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
rattling tails

Yeah i know wot ya mean, my kings do it too & it makes me laugh when they`re trying to be soooo big an mean lol,lol.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Lots of snakes do it not just American snakes minicking Rattle Snakes so it's probably how Rattle Snakes have perfected the effect.
Graham.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
1 of my corns rattles her tail but only when i get her out of the viv when shes out shes ok i think its only the stress of me getting het out

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
we recently got 2 new corns from snake100 and crawlin, one of them rattles at us... er..she also strikes at us.... so er... shes just a little cow.. we imagine she will chill out with time.
she nearly got me on the nose twice on Friday when we were gettin them all out for thier feed...she did not wana come out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had my corn snake for about 6 months now, and thought i had done all the "Firsts" already..... however he did the whole tail rattling thing at me a couple of days ago for the first time!
It threw me a bit for a second then when i realised what he was doing i just laughed! :lol:

Normally he is extremely docile and doesnt seem to mind anything you do..... but this time his front half was buried in the substrate, and i started moving stuff in his viv near where his tail was sticking out.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
DEANandTRESE said:
she nearly got me on the nose twice on Friday when we were gettin them all out for thier feed...she did not wana come out.
Why do you feed them that close to your nose? You like the smell of dead mouse? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
LOL, NO I Was trying to get her out of her hide which i had held near my face as i thought she would be less clingy if she knew i wasnt a monster.

But yeh ,love the small of dead mice.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
So holding a snake close to your face doesnt make you a monster? :lol: I havent been tagged in a while but see the good old rattle tail every day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts