Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was caught a bit un-awares on the first strike, she seemed so disinterested in the pinkie, and then POW, made me jump a bit, I was moving away at the time and I just kept going :whistling2:

I was ready for the second strike though :grin1:

I got some good coverage of my classic strike feeding as well, but I forgot to press record! :bash:

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Lmao that's brilliant, love when they think they're amazin doin all sorts of death rolls on a defrosted pinky :Na_Na_Na_Na: gorgeous little snake!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Great vid, how old does a snake (carolina corn) have to be before i get to let it strike? Or is there no specific age

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great vid, how old does a snake (carolina corn) have to be before i get to let it strike? Or is there no specific age
Both my corns strike feed, they are both 3 months old.

I found out they my classic strike fed by accident, one day when I was placing the 2nd pinkie in the feeding box and it nearly took my finger with it :grin1: so I tried it with my Amel as well. Apparently not all corns will strike feed. Just entice it with moving pinkie. Just be ready for the surprise the first time they do it :lol2:

Since then I always try to strike feed them, keeps them active, make them work for their food :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I love it when they make you jump, and yeah that's one lovely little amel!

Jimbosimbo43, don't worry if your's doesn't strike feed, not all will and as long as they are healthy and eating fine I wouldn't be too bothered. Plus, if your snake is still quite young you could try again when it's a bit older, my two older ones both strike feed if I tease them with a fuzzy, but neither of them when younger, or my two younger ones will. In fact my amel looks positively terrified of a wiggling pinky and shoots off to hide, but left alone in the dark there's no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts