Banned
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Agreed, as stunning as Katie :D

Do you have any pictures of their viv? I'll be looking at building a bigger one in a few months but already I am collecting ideas and have plans for it lol.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
She's fab!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Our iguanas dont have a viv Tony! they all freeroam our house and personally we find this works best for us and our iguanas. they have mega rays in their basking spots and move around as they need to to keep warm or cool down.

PS Im Fixx's other half I just thought I would reply for him as I read this first
:D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
wow lou!!!!

looking groooooooooooooooooooooooovy baby....

and how much different from when i met her?????

remember these?? when was this... christ, december 2004 is the date they were stored on my pc..

me and the ig got on splendidly :) but i took her a satsuma i think didn't i lou? she liked me lots after that!

:)

N

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Yep thats vinny my girl almost 2 years ago when she was stll in her subadult stage and had just had her first season, she got on famously with Nerys' (yep you bribed her with a satsuma lol) shes alot larger now Nerys and if she got on your head now it would bloody hurt. Must come and visit again soon I want to see your new additions

·
Registered
291 Posts
loulou said:
Our iguanas dont have a viv Tony! they all freeroam our house
You are sooooo lucky :D

How do you create a basking area and provide a UV? I'm going to make some sort of mobile basking area soon so when my Iggy is out he can warm up without having to be put back in his Viv.

:)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
we have various basking spots around the front room one for each of them, the basking spots all have a megaray bulb for heat and for UVB with reflector . Does the job a treat and no other heating is required for us as we have quite a warm house anyway. As you proberly know iguanas are very inteligent and will find their own way to their basking sites and move away from the heat as and when they need it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
That is what I was planning on doing, great minds maybe lol. Our house is quite cold though so might not be such a good idea until the summer. By then he should be bigger and wont be able to hide under the sofa.

Thanks for the advice :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts