I was wondering how bad a bite from vipera berus (common adder) would be. The answer from what i have found was pretty bad! but i was reading that anti venom is underused in britain and the guidlines they go by is as follows..
- Hypotension with or without signs of shock
- Other signs of systemic envenoming (see above), electrocardiographic abnormalities, peripheral neutrophil leucocytosis, elevated serum creatine kinase, or metabolic acidosis
- Local swelling that is either extensive (involving more than half the bitten limb within 48 hours of the bite) or rapidly spreading (beyond the wrist after bites on the hand or beyond the ankle after bites on the foot within about four hours of the bite).