Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone some of you may remember we had a little ferret visit us that had escaped from her owner.
Well my mums just found another in our garage while she was feeding the cats , she managed to get him into a cat box but by the time she got me to see to it, its escaped. She says its a dark one (poss poley) but hes tiny compared to the albino we found.
Iv put some cat meat out and shut up the garage. Im just worried my cats will get the poor soul. Anyone got any tips on catching him iv tried waiting to see if he appears for food but no luck and im off to work soon. :( Hope he'll be ok.

·
Registered
151 Posts
ferret

I doubt your cats will get him i would worry for your cats safety a ferrets bite can be stronger than a cats so dont worry and try buying a rat catcher not a mouse trap like a proper metal cage and put some cat food in there u should wake up with him in there make sure 2 wear some heavy duty gloves when hadling a ferrets bite can seriously hurt

P.S are you sure its not a wild polecat?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
get a crisp packet and scrunch it around .. if its a baby theyr really inquisitive and will come out to see the noise hel also stick to the wall like i mean stay near it .. hehe i loves ferrets!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt your cats will get him i would worry for your cats safety a ferrets bite can be stronger than a cats so dont worry and try buying a rat catcher not a mouse trap like a proper metal cage and put some cat food in there u should wake up with him in there make sure 2 wear some heavy duty gloves when hadling a ferrets bite can seriously hurt

P.S are you sure its not a wild polecat?
Lol My girl Lexi has caught a couple of seagulls , thats why i was worried for a baby ferret, the last visitor was 6 months old and my mum said this was so dinky compared to the albino.
Im not sure as i havent seen him but i very much doubt it, according to my mum he wasnt skittish or fearful of her and walked into the cat box all on his own accord, the owner of the albino we found has a few hutches of working ferrets so think hes came from there .
Iv not heard or seen him but there is food missing from the bowl.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
get a crisp packet and scrunch it around .. if its a baby theyr really inquisitive and will come out to see the noise hel also stick to the wall like i mean stay near it .. hehe i loves ferrets!!
Thanks hun il give that a bash , I havent owned ferrets myself:( but i LOVE them to bits, would love my own.
Do you know what time of day they tend to be more active just so i know when my best chances are of luring him out(theres loads of dark hiding places in the garage/garden):bash:
By sounds of it hes still ickle , poor wee soul :flrt:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
during the day mostly. but will wake up at night for the loo etc.. their really noisy of noises and toys etc.. if theres a poly bag and things .. mines loved poly bags just had to watch they didnt get stuckinside and well.. you know.. die.. maybe if the woman up the road has lost one babba theres maybe more than one if a cage has been left o[en.. like i mean more than one escappee

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
during the day mostly. but will wake up at night for the loo etc.. their really noisy of noises and toys etc.. if theres a poly bag and things .. mines loved poly bags just had to watch they didnt get stuckinside and well.. you know.. die.. maybe if the woman up the road has lost one babba theres maybe more than one if a cage has been left o[en.. like i mean more than one escappee
I tried rattling a cat meat tin and jingling a bell-cat ball earlier today with no luck, I really hope he hasnt moved on as not many animal loving neighbours round here. (as i found out with my escaped rabbit)

Il go round to the albino's owner and see if they are missing any. Im worried sick:blush: Gonna go rustling and jingling again for the 20th time today lol:whistling2:

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
They are most active during these months at dawn/dusk but will be getting up every 3-4 hours to go to the toilet and look for food. : victory:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts