Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,
just in the process of building my 7x4x4 viv for my bosc at the moment and was just wondering if anyone can help as i am stuck on what appropriate glass to use for my doors.What would be suitable to use any help on the matter would be a massive help.

thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi......your best bet is probably 6mm toughened glass with smooth/ polished edges : victory:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate,just tried to price 4mm toughned (WHAT'S CHEAPER 4mm OR 6mm?)and i was getting stupid quote's like £170 for the two sheets.is this about right?,what price should i be looking to pay also if i was building a viv 7ft long and 4ft high am i assuming my glass size should roughly be 3ft 7in by say 1ft 6in.sorry for all the questions,just that i nearly fell of my seat when i got that quote HA HA.

·
Registered
42 Posts
£170 sounds good the qoute for the glass for my 8x3x3 viv was £200

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Where are you getting a quote?

I went on yell.com and looked for glass/ window merchants in my work area (london) and home area (uxbridge) and shopped around until i found the best price and then went back to a couple and asked if they would beat it...... i do it with near enough everything i buy, lol :blush:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got a quote from my local glass shop

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers for the replies guy's just off the phone with one of my local glass companies and i eventually got a price of £44 for the two (4mm toughned)which to me sounds alot better,JUST ONE MORE QUESTION,What size of glass would you need roughly for a 7x4x4 viv.

thanks again

·
Registered
42 Posts
Are they going to be sliding doors

·
Registered
42 Posts
At the glass shop i go to you give them the measurements of were you want the glass and they work out what size of glass you need

1 - 12 of 12 Posts