Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had an idea, now ive noticed that a lot of ppl come on here for custom vivs. now what about possibly making a sticky of all the viv builders details and areas they provide to. i know theres three of us in my area. me(davenoble), mark(markandwend) and martin(northeastreptilehousing).
also i know of rob. (robclements) who can supply the south coast(plymouth area)
not sure of any others.

what about it moderators. should we make a list so ppl know whos closest and available to do the jobs........

just an idea.

dave

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Maybe an idea would be to come together in a loose kinda way in order to get a courier account that might give you discounted rates? Or something like that :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
united viv builders ...

Now that ain't a half bad idea ... all of us undoubtedly have the 'transport' problem .... but having had a background in some serious Logistics .. I am making inroads into securing a very competitive service contract ... it would be even better if a few got together and used it as an 'umbrella' account shipping would be possible to any part of the country.. the more shipped the more cost effective it is and then it can be 'regionalised' for viv builders - I have a serious headachew trying to figure out a way to ship stuff up North (mind you - just about everywhere is up North from Plymouth! :lol2:).
Great idea Dave :smile:
All the best,
Rob.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well this aint been put up as a sticky and i heard nothing about info from mods, so im unsure if this is goingto happen.

·
Registered
994 Posts
i hope it does stick, im always tryin 2 find vivarium builders, never heard of any on the southend way(south east)

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i hope it does stick, im always tryin 2 find vivarium builders, never heard of any on the southend way(south east)

this is what im trying to do, get it so all viv builders are on a sticky with all details. so could
markandwend
northeastreptilehousing
robclements
and whoever else around the country builds vivs pm me your details and ill try to sort out a post with all ofour details on there. hopefully it will be made a sticky after this point......

·
Registered
124 Posts
Next year I might be looking to get a custom viv made, so would be helpful to know the nearest guy to Stoke! Should definitely be made sticky.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I agree should be made a sticky...I'm gonna needs some vivs and stacks building in January...althought considering having a go myself :lol2:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Yeah id like some vivs aswell :smile: Preferably in Scotland

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
hey there, i guess here would be as good a place as any to ask..lol.. im going to be needing a double 6x2x2 stack soon, with support in the middle of each.. collection wouldnt be a problem so feel free to pm me quotes people! also would prefer it flat packed because theres no way on this earth i could get it to the rep room assembled..lol.
OWen

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Brilliant idea guys!! Come on Mods sticky the details somewhere. I'm having a 6 rack built at the moment, only problem is, i've already bought 8 snakes!! :mrgreen: it's true what they say about women and maths you know :) So now I'm going to have to get another one built or have a stab myself, but I think I prefer the snakes to be safe, so getting it built will probably be safer. The are 07 Royals 6 of them, so i think 9L RUB would do the trick for comfort for them. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts