Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there im new to the forum and to the reptilian hobby but not fishkeeping , and i was wondering wether a few people could suggest some good products for leopard geckoes and what id need for it's viv', which i want to look as natural as possible and any nice quirks about them that really make them a satisfying pet to keep would be great to hear about thanks from Matt :2thumb:.

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
check out the posters websites in their sigs tons of info to be had from them.
ditto what Suez says : victory:

·
Registered
274 Posts
a viv for leopard geckos

you will need about a 3 foot by 3 foot viv

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
you will need about a 3 foot by 3 foot viv
a leopard gecko does not need a viv this large. a 2 x 1 foot viv is the minimum for a single gecko, but bigger is always better. mine is in a 42inch x 21inch viv and has planty of space to move about. for stimulation feed things like crickets or locust which she will have to chase more than mealworms. alos why not try making a fake rock background for her to climb on. im planning one for before the end of the holidays and this should provide more space for the gecko and plenty of excercise opportunities. provide plenty of hides and they will feel more secure and at least in the case of mine be more active.

here is a photo of my cage. it is not very natural looking yet, but you could do a similar size and layout cage with more natural looking hides and substrate.

if you stack carefuly, then you could also make a small rock pile for her to climb on and hide in. the best natural substrate is tiles, and sand is not natural as geckos come from areas of hard solid ground in rocky deserts

·
Funkygeckos.webs.com
5,359 Posts
Just follow the caresheets as recommended and you won`t go far wrong! ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi thanks for all your replys and i have allready done some research on the care and health etc but i was wondering wether anyone whos kept leopard geckoes has any prefered products or a quirck you noticed about them ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts