Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two 3' x 1.5' x 1.5' sized vivs and one 2' x 1.5' x 1.5' viv...

I was wondering what you think would be most suited to each of the two sizes?

Each viv has the usual red night spotlamp with light guard and each is thermostatically controlled. They are all wooden conti board type vivs, and are sealed inside against moisture.

I am not looking to put anything into them just yet, hence the post asking for opinions.

I may not even decide to get a lizard, and just use the vivs for my snakes.

But either way, I want to be completely certain about whatever I get etc well before I get it/them.

So basically I would like your opinions/thoughts and advice on which would be the most suited species for the size vivs I have?

I have uv tubes/compact lights and would be able to add pretty much anything anyway (due to the fact it will be a while before I get anything in there); so any alterations etc are no problem.

I am aware most lizards require UV before anyone points this out, lol.

Just to help out...I'm not really interested in beardies or basilisks/water dragons etc...and although I am looking to get some more leos at some point (possibly in one of these vivs) I would like to search other possibilities first.

Possibly uros?

Cheers...

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I had some leos a few years ago, but never bought any more after they had died. I am interested in getting some leo morphs (kept a blizzard, leucy and a couple of normals); may put a post up regarding these soon :)

I like uros, but not sure yet (as I haven't looked into them in detail) whether the 3' vivs would be a suitable size for one/two.

I may well just use the vivs for leos, but would like to explore other options first. I know I am restricted height wise for beardies/basilisks etc; but not particularly interested in these at the moment anyway.

Anoles may be okay in these vivs, being small anyway they would have climbing space, again small day geckos etc...but was looking more along the lines of uros etc.

thanks for the reply Durhamchance

·
Registered
937 Posts
Anoles and day geckos do better in really tall vivs so i wouldnt recommend putting them in them vivs.
Im not sure if a uro would go in a 3ft viv as i dont know anything about them.
Yeah leos would be good, small skinks maybe,an ackie?, armadillo lizard,rainbow lizard,african fat tail gecko, thats all i can think of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts