Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive got another problem with my vivs glass. After having the runners mixed up.:banghead: I thought great problem solved when i switched them round.

Well after fitting one of those metal locks with the key to the viv. It has kind of pushed the glass out a bit?? its hard to explain but the glass on the outside runner at the top pushes out a bit, and looks like given a hard enough push would come out completely. Worrying considering my royal climes and pushes up against the glass quite frequently. I have since removed the metal lock and got some of the rubber wedge things instead. But the glass still seems a little pushed out and unsteady to me.

Any one ever had this problem. And if so how did you fix it? :lol2:

·
Banned
986 Posts
I was going to say buy a rubber wedge... but seems you've done that haha. In all honesty some are, not poorly as in a bad quality sense, but poorly designed so as to not compensate for the room a lock would require. You don't really have much choice other than to use a wedge.

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
It sounds to me that the top of the viv needs lifting a bit? maybe wedging a strong branch or something from the bottom to the top to lift it up and take the pressure off might help?

If the pressure is not placed onto the glass it should fall back into place and your lock can then be used.

Alternatively a wedge as you have already done or celotape :D lol.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i think its just the way they are built, there is no space between the glass to put a wedge or lock without pushing the glass out a bit. Just going to have to make do i think.

No mate the top of the viv is fine, its just the space between the 2 panes of glass in the middle, when the metal lock was on it was forceing the outside glass out a bit.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Go to B&Q and purchase yourself some 900mm x 12mm x 3mm pine strips. They cost a total of 38p each and when cut to the correct size, slot into the runners and stop the glass from sliding and you can get hold of them to take them out for opening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts